Latest Rail Software Innovations Announced at GE Transportation’s 25th Annual Client Conference
Atlanta, GA – June 26, 2014 – GE Transportation (NYSE: GE), a global provider of innovative rail products and services, hosted its 25th Annual Client Conference June 23 – 25. At the conference, GE Transportation announced new software solutions and services and recognized seven customers with the Fast Track Award for rail industry software excellence and innovation.
This year’s three-day conference offered more than 50 technical sessions by GE Transportation software engineers and subject matter experts, giving best-practices and instruction to maximize the use of GE Transportation’s software. Topics included advanced analytics, mobility, revenue management, operational efficiency and asset optimization. In addition, the conference included over 15 customer feedback forums and panel discussions, providing an open exchange of ideas and customer feedback.
GE Transportation keynote speaker Pete McCabe, Vice President of Global Services, highlighted RailConnect™ 360, a connected suite of solutions that provides railroads with data-driven insights to address key customer pain points like velocity, fuel, reliability, productivity and dwell. The RailConnect™ 360 suite leverages GE’s Predix platform to use advanced software, powerful analytics and mobility to enable better decisions and improve outcomes along the entire rail enterprise. This is part of GE’s billion dollar investment in software to create an open, global network that connects people, data and machine - the Industrial Internet.
GE Transportation introduced several enhancements to its RailConnect™ 360 software products and services including:
- RailConnect Transportation Management System and RailConnect Revenue Management System, a new user-friendly interface, intuitive menus and picks lists for easy navigation, time-saving custom quick links to regularly-used tools, and report automation, plus connectivity available from multiple browsers and devices.
- Revenue Management Advanced Analytics, a new business intelligence offering, delivers powerful analytics and KPIs to help railroad accounting and management personnel work more effectively, improve decision making, and optimize revenue management performance.
- ShipperConnect Yard & Transload Management offers graphical representation and multiple work views of facilities, track layout, and customized process flows to significantly improve the process of managing rail assets and inventory within a plant or transload facility. With a single click, users can view details on shipments, move rail cars within their plants, and load, unload or transfer inventory in railcars, piles, silos, bins, or containers, controlling inventory and managing customer orders. Integration with ERP systems and EDI data sources provides seamless inventory management and control.
GE Transportation also announced the addition of new capabilities for railcar demurrage management with the acquisition of Demurrage Management Systems Inc. The technology acquisition expands and strengthens software capabilities in the ShipperConnect Demurrage Management system. The comprehensive offering will manage and calculate railcar demurrage, detention, and storage charges, administer complex demurrage rules and contracts, automate demurrage calculation methods, administer complex rating structures, and manage unlimited exception criteria.
In addition, GE Transportation honored an elite group of customers who are leaders in the rail and rail shipper industry. These companies have raised the standard for operating performance by utilizing GE Transportation’s rail software and solutions to drive automation, increase productivity, and address mission-critical business issues:
- Ferrocarril y Terminal del Valle de Mexico S.A. de C.V. (Ferrovalle)
- Genesee & Wyoming Inc. – Portland & Western Railroad
- New York & Atlantic Railway
- Pan Am Railways
- R.J. Corman Railroad Company
- Iron Horse Logistics Services
The GE Transportation’s 25th Annual Client Conference was held at the Westin Buckhead. Companies in every major segment of the rail industry attended the conference and included short line and regional railroads, Class I railroads, railcar leasing companies, rail shippers, and intermodal terminal operators.
About GE Transportation
At GE Transportation, we’re in the business of realizing potential. We’re a global technology leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our innovations help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of the General Electric Company that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It’s the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of innovation and technology, where we continue to realize new potential and keep our connected world moving forward. GE Transportation is headquartered in Chicago, IL, and employs approximately 12,000 employees worldwide.
For more information visit the company's website at www.getransportation.com/rail/software