It's more than upgrade. It's an extreme makeover for older locomotives. Modernization revitalizes aging locomotives while delivering better performance , higher reliability and lower operating expenses-all at a fraction of the cost of new power.
Giving a new lease on life to older locomotives.
GE's Locotomive Modernization Service can be as simple as upgrading the locomotive control system or can be as a total makeover of the entire locomotive. All new components in a total makeover include the control system, engine, propulsion, alternator, cooling system, air compressor, and ventilation systems.
- Extended asset life of 15-20 years
- Maintenance cost savings upto $10 per event
- Fuel savings upto 5%
- Cost up to 60% less than new
- Fleet flexibility
Capability and Features
- Components and systems to be refreshed/modernized selected an customer-specific basis
- Updated Control features
- Heavy haul capability with c6 configuration
- RM&D capability :250+discreet /virtual sensor signals
- Diagnostic and self-test capabilities
- Complete systems design approach
- Drawings and installation instructions
- Engineering and technical support