At GE Transportation, we move the world. We are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines.
Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of the General Electric Company that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today.
It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that keeps our connected world moving forward.
The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located at 500 W. Monroe St. Chicago, IL 60661 USA. There are over 65 service sites worldwide.
- Drilling: GE Transportation is the leading manufacturer of motors for onshore and offshore applications for the oil and gas industry.
- Locomotives & Services: GE Transportation is a leader in the rail industry, providing freight and passenger locomotives as well as rail services to help solve the world’s toughest rail challenges.
- Marine: GE’s Marine Solutions is at the forefront of emissions reductions with its breakthrough technology that achieves optimal operational and emissions compliance in medium-speed diesel engines.
- Mining: GE’s Mining Solutions can carry your business through every step of the mining process from delivery of reliable power and water supply to maximizing the output of equipment, safety and energy efficiency.
- RailConnect 360: RailConnect 360 is a connected suite of solutions, leveraging GE’s Predix platform, which provides railroads with data-driven insights to address key customer pain points like velocity, fuel, reliability, productivity and dwell.
- Stationary Power: GE Transportation’s stationary power applications set the industry standard and deliver on the promise of lower costs, lower emissions and higher fuel efficiency.
For more information, contact GE Transportation.
GE (NYSE: GE) is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store," through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
Stock Exchange Information
As a division of General Electric Company, GE Transportation is not publicly traded. In the United States, GE common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), its principal market. It also is listed on certain non-U.S. exchanges, including the London Stock Exchange, Euronext Paris and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.